Question

Justjo24

I just want to know how to pay my collections...please help
Please help me figure out how to pay the collections. I'm ready to just pay but who and how do I pay

Get a copy of your credit report

You can get Free copies at AnnualCreditReport .com  There you can get 1 copy of each report once a year.  I suggest that you get 1 copy at a time so you can go back and get a fresh report every 3 or 4 months so you can monitor your progress. 

once you have your first credit report, Go through it and find the accounts that you need to deal with.  The report will have an address for each collection agency.  You then need to decide how your going to deal with the accounts. 

Send all mail "Return Reciept Requested" so you have a paper trail

First start with a validation letter,  Google it for a template and more info on how they work.  The Validation letter will require them to verify the account is actually yours and that they have all the paperwork to legally try to collect the account.  Some won't have the all paperwork and those should disapper off your report.  Those that do, you can deal with once validated.

Then you can follow up with a "Pay to Delete" letter,  Google that too so you know how they work. Some times know as an Offer and compromise you can spell out how you want to pay them off, sometimes for a lot less than the actuall acount balance.

Do all of this by mail only and address all letters to the "Collections Manger" ( the only one that can actually make these kind of agreements)   .

Read up on the articles here on CK about dealing with these kinds of issues so you have a good idea of how all this works.