Question

Nathy2001

I just turned 18, when will my credit show?
I just turned 18, and been added as a authorized users on my parents cards (4 credit cards) and I'm also done with my first year of college and I have federal student loans. So how soon can I expect my credit to start showing?

It should within a couple of months after being added to the cards and getting the loans. I advise you to also get a Secured credit card in only your name.

Nathy2001

I just checked my credit (today is my offcial bday) I had a credit score of 580 and applied to a student card from capital one and it dropped it to 576. The limit is $300, if I keep my spending under $50 and pay it off right away, how soon until it gets my credit to at least 600?

It takes time, so you need to be patient. After about six months of credit use, you need to check to see if you developed FICO scores and see what they are. FICO scores are the important ones as most lenders use a version of them. It takes longer to develop FICO scores than Vantage though, so like I said, give it six months and check. Make sure that you pay your bills on time, continue to read all that you can on credit and if any of the cards that you are an authorized user on gets a high utilization rate (maxed out) you may want to get yourself removed as a user.