Question

celponce6

I just took a hard credit inquiry, should I go ahead and open the credit card?
I am trying to improve my credit for a home loan. I just took a hard credit hit for an inquiry for a secured credit card. I have never had a credit card before. I was wondering if I should go ahead and open the credit card since I already took a hit? If I do open it, and am responsible with it, how long does it take to improve my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

You'll start seeing improvements after a few months. Having a secured credit card is the first step in establishing or rebuilding your credit. The positive credit history you build will eventually offset the hard inquiry.