Question

nag1201

I just paid off a defaulted student loan on my credit report how do I go about getting it taken off?
The defaulted loan appears on y credit report as a negative it is completely paid off and I have another that I have been staying current with.Will it boost my score once its removed.

Most Helpful Response

Defaulted student loan

Student loans are the bane of any former student's existence.  Mine went into default, also, then I was able to get them discharged due to disability and one credit report said the loan balances won's drop for 10 years.  Likely that is due to their being Federal.  I've had loans show up multiple times as they were transferred here and there (same amounts) and I've disputed those to no avail, yet.  If I had as many loans as shown on the credit reports, I'd have gotten a PhD.  Only have a Bachelor's.

It's just going to take time and patience, I guess.