Question

timchiro

I just got notice of a hard inquiry and I haven't applied for credit with Walmart or anyone else.
I got a notice that there was a hard inquiry on my credit report that dropped my score 63 points!

A single hard inquiry would not drop your credit score by 63 points.   15 hard inquiries perhaps.  OR 2-3 hard inquries and 2-3 new accounts could add up to 63   You will want to contact any creditor imediately of the potential fraud so that they can stop whatever is happening it its tracks.  If they show any credit was extended, you'll want to contact your local police to file an Identity Theft report which will come in handy later.   I would contact each creditor and place a fraud alert on the reports and freeze your credit report so that no further damage will occur.   All current creditors will still have access and can report, no new inquiries will be allowed