Question

b7291

I just got an email saying my credit card application was denied, but i have not applied for one.
I just got an email saying my credit card application was denied, but i have not applied for one. What steps should I take? How can I make sure a denial is not on my report?

An actual denial will not be on your credit report, although the hard inquiry will and as an account never occured, it would be evident that you were either denied or did not accept the offer.   Contact the firm that sent you the email - BUT FIRST - validate that it is not a phishing scam to get your personal information.   Look closely at the email address and do not click any links in the email, go directly to that vendors website to get their contact information.