Question

eric3217

i just completed a bakruptcy how can i raise my credit sccore
chapter 7 bankruptcy

Most Helpful Response

Give it time to heal

The best advice I can give you is to let your score rebound after bankruptcy naturally. Depending on what your score is post bankruptcy, you may be able to get a small credit card. If your score isn't good enough to do this, then you need to save up some money and get a secured credit card. But I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after discharge.

thenri67

i filed a bankruptcy in 2006 best thing i ever did! 4mos i got a secured credit card offer i excepted then 2 mos later i had started recieveing many credit card offers i infact excepted thos glad i did then after a 2year period raised my credit score. even know wasnt the best score but it was a start. my bankruptcy is to be coming off in 2016, my score is 683 again not the best but but not worst and continues to go up. my best response to your question would def be lock on a secured credit card, lots of patience and u will see your score improve greatly with time and good standing ;) 

Stuck nor for good or bad

I am stuck in my score and I am trying to use only 30/ 35% of my credit  and I make couple additional payments a month but nothing ,what do you know

Sumflow

Monitor your Credit Karma weekly.  It will tell you what to do next.  You want to actually use less credit.  Have your statements show zero amount due by paying the statement date, before the due date.

Increase my credit score

Should I use my credit card regularly to increase my credit score? I pay all of my credit cards off at the end of the month. I have 0 balances on all of my crediti cards. Should I charge my regualar monthly activity in spending on my credit card? Pay it off monthly to increase my credit rating? Should I use more than one card tp do  this? What should I do to increase my score from good to the best. I have a credit card I did not ask for. I have never used it and I probably never will. Should I cancel it?Will it make a difference on my crediting> I have never used the card.

My Mom and Dad recently added me to their credit cards to use for picking up things they may need. They no longer drive so I use it to make purchases for them. It has a 30,000 credit limit on it and I have 2. One is an amercian express and the other is a master charge. Does this help my credit rating in any wayl They pay the bill. It is only for their purchases and I was wondering if it helps my credit score at all. Or is this something that could be a debt ration issue since betwen the 2 of them I have access to over $60,000 cash. How does that affect my score or does it?

Bad Score

I currently have a bad score and I would like to get it higher. I have no credit cards, no car loans. I do have a mortgage and medical bills $7K worth of them. How can I get these off my report.