Question

Kodapup1126

I just checked my credit and I am seeing a scam place trying to collect from me it's LVNV funding
I just checked my credit and it's saying that I owe like 1300 to this LVNV Funding place which I have never even heard of before. I had a credit card out when I was 19 year's old and I am now 26 year's old, and haven't had a credit card out since I was 19 year's old. and Now this place called LVNV funding is trying to collect money from me, and I want to know how I can get help? Please and Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Helpful Response

go to annualcreditreport.com pull all 3 reports look them over if see any errors dispute them they have to investigate and verify for delete (can find information on each beaureas website on how to contact them for this) this should be done once every 366 days 

Kodapup1126

Thank you :) hopefully it will work. I looked on google to see what LVNV funding was and it's saying it's a scam so i'm not sure i've never done funding before =/. But thank you :) and do you know if it cost anything to do that at annualcreditreport.com? 

No cost for annual report!

Quite a few years ago, it did cost to get copies of credit reports but the government has made it mandatory that people can get their three credit reports once a year for free.  This makes it easier for you to check said reports for errors.

FYI--there are many very impolite things to say about LVNV!!! They are known as a  "junk debt buyer" who buys old (the statute of limitations has expired) debts and tries to collect on them, hoping people are too stupid to know about it.  But there are ways to deal with them, because I have.  If, after getting your credit reports, you find them on there, file a dispute.  They should be removed in a few weeke.  If they have not contacted you, they should vanish after the dispute.   IF they should contact you via phone or letter, send them back a letter telling them you do not recognize their authority to collect this debt and you demand validation of the debt as required under FDCPA.  They KNOW what you're asking for and likely will run the opposite direction because they cannot provide what is needed (my experience).

Kodapup1126

Thank you again :) I did do the report lastnight I will do it again today to do a dispute on that LVNV and a few others I found on my credit report i'll have to dispute.  Thank you again :)