Question

lyckman2015

i just bought a car at camelback kia sticker price 11912 he sold to me for 14.000 is this legal
I traded my car in never told me anything about amount got for trade . how much I paid what payments are he told me he was giving me really good warrenty instead gave me gap ins

Most Helpful Response

I'm really not sure what you're asking! However, I can say that whenever I've purchased a vehicle, EVERYTHING was clearly written out in its contract--and I read EVERY SINGLE WORD before signing it. So I knew exactly how much I was getting for my trade-in, exactly how much the total purchase price of the new car was, exactly how much was left after any trade-in and/or down payment, and exactly what any payments would be. All of my new vehicles over the last 30 years have been Toyotas, so that's who I'm referring to, but I would expect ANY dealership would handle things the same way. Did you not read the contract before signing it? Did you ask about any missing figures? If you agreed to pay $14,000 for a car that should've cost $11,912...well, I hate to break it to you, but once you signed off on the bottom line, that's that. Buyer beware.

Taxes, Dealer Fees, and Tag Fees all add up to whatever the "asking price" is. Also if a Trade is involved, whether owned out right or still having a balance owed. Everything shoul dbe itemized on your buyer's contract.

Buying car for list plus!?

Not knowing what you traded in makes a lot of difference.  If you got rid of an old "beater", then you gave him your car for a gift because you wanted the new car so much.  With sales tax, "Dealer Prep" (bonus profit for dealerships), tag, title and transfer fees, and other insurance you mentioned, that's how you got to 14 grand.  My sister bought a new car like this one time, and she was so proud of herself, that she gave the the dealer her old VW, paid full list price, and walked (actually drove) out with the new car and a very light wallet (purse).

The only action you could take in many states, is to have the contract voided, if completed in three days from the purchase.  Read EVERYTHING next time.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

After reading your response I was asking myself a few questions about your ordeal at the car dealer you went to. First of all did you as a consumer do your research on the car that you were thinking about purchasing before you went into the dealership and were you educated on how these car dealerships operate when it comes to customers? Well I am very sorry for your pain and am wondering how long has it been since you purchased this car? There are things that you said you were not given information about so that is what stands out to me because I would have asked questions before signing anything bar none.

I hope you learn from this

It sounds like they added extra fees in your contract and possibly you did not sit and read every single word of it, making them sweat all the while. If you feel tricked, you need to speak up ASAP. However, you signed the contract and are probably stuck. Maybe they told you one thing and did another, this is a trick that is often used particularly when buying used cars. Heck, they even let people drive away thinking they bought a car only to call them and tell them the loan "didn't go through." Of course they are not going to offer up the amount they are giving you for a trade. Nevertheless, it sounds like you are stuck with this.

*As a consumer, it is your job to inform yourself and make NO decisions until you are thoroughly informed. Even then, you need to double-check and ask others for advice with large purchases and never decide under pressure, stress or in a hurry!*

car owner

you get e verything in writing .as of the interest rate you haggle on that until you get it down where you want it. you have to remember that car sales men are not your friend and the go by commission , the higher they get for a vehicle the more money  in there pocket. maybe you should take someone who knows about all this  so you dont get burned again, if you know what i mean. you can go threw carfax to make sure the car is in tip top condition. i seen them drop brand new cars off the lifts. then spruce them up. i know this cause i was a wrecker driver for years, seen all kind of things happen in a dealership. also dont go back to the dealership to service your vehicle, i seen them push them threw without a look. find your self a good licence mechanic to work on your vehicle, the licence mechanic can work on your car without voiding your guarantee

just my opinion.

the gap ins. is 2100 for the life of the loan, thats where the difference is

Bad situation

ething happened to me with tricolor autoo. Horrible. :(

credit score

How long will it take to get my credit score back up in the 800's?