Question

southpawhunter

I just applied for a credit card suggested by this site, and was declined. I am very dissatisfied.
I applied for the capital one quicksilver card, and was denied. I was informed when applying for a card and getting denied will HARM credit. That is opposite of my intentions and i am very dissatisfied. I take this very serious, please explain these reasons.

Most Helpful Response

Those "recommendations" are just ads.  Ignore them.  Sorry you got burned, it happens to a lot of folks on this site.

Hi Southpaw,

Any time you apply for a new line of credit, a hard inquiry is added to your report. This usually results in a drop in your score. This is generally temporary and your score will rebound. 

Can someone tell me how to rebuild my credit? Bankrupcy in 2008. I have a "fair" score; and like others applied for a card suggested by credit karma...Denied.  So what works?  Thanks for any advice!!