Question

Gorkbijork9191

I just applied and was approved for a credit card I no longer want. Can/should I cancel it?
I've had one credit card for 2 years and wanted to get another to keep building my credit. I applied for one and was immediately approved for it, but came across a different card I'd rather have. Without even using the card that I was approved for, how much will it hurt my score if I cancel it immediately in favor of a different card?

Best to just hang on to the card because that credit limit increases the total you have, which improves your credit score, even if you don't use the card.  Just lock it up someplace safe until you want to use it.  And please re-read the articles on credit here so you can better understand what is needed to keep your score up.