Question

ebloess

I heard ch. 7 bnkrptcy can be on ur credit up to 10 yrs, but removed as early as 7. Is this true?
Ive sent certified letters to all three agencies and managed to get some things removed but the bankruptcy stayed. So I sent certified letters demanding a meathod of verification, as suggested in a book I read about repairing credit, but its still there and all I goy back this time was a letter stating they do everything electronically and I have to take it up with the "creditor." Do I keep trying? Whats the best next move?

Most Helpful Response

Ch 13 is there 7 years, Ch 7 for 10.

A Chapter 7 bankruptcy is going to stay on your credit report for 10 years, a fact that cannot be changed under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  Your next best move is to make sure all payments on all accounts are on time.  You may have to start over with a secured credit card and gradually build from there.  Check your credit reports every year to make sure all information is accurate so that your credit score will be correct.