Question

BaconBits86

I haven't seen an improvement in my credit score in 3 months.
I recently was in some financial trouble, but I've worked through it and gotten most of my debt repaid (at least any debt that was behind). I got rid of all delinquent accounts and have basically started new. Throughout this improvement I did see my credit score increase, and I am proud to say it has come a long way, but I want to improve more. I now have two credit cards that I use sparingly only to try to build credit. I am at 100% on time payments, under 20% usage of my credit cards (which I never fully pay off to keep a balance on them), and I have scoured my credit report and fixed any discrepancies.

So, why did my credit score plateau? I haven't seen any change in my credit score in 3 months. How long will it be before I see more improvement in my credit score and how quickly should it be raising if I keep doing what I am doing?

Most Helpful Response

It took me 6 months to see an increase. Once I saw the increase it usually stayed steady at that price for six to seven months and then increased again. Increased come few and far between. It usually just stays steady most of the time. Just keep it up and after a year to a year and a half you should see a big difference.

BaconBits86

Thanks. When you did see an increase, were they large jumps (10+ points) or small jumps (couple points at a time)?