Question

wildberr

I haven't had anything in my name for some time ! How can I raise my credit score?
My credit score is 630 and I haven't had anything in my name for awhile. How can I raise my score ?

Most Helpful Response

Try getting a secured credit card from your local bank or credit union. It will help build your credit score if you use the card responsibly.

Responsible use would include:

• paying on time, every time - NEVER miss a payment for any reason
  • keep your credit card utilization under 30% (1%-20% utilization is key)
  • use credit to build credit (don't let the account go inactive)
  • use only what you can afford on the card so you can pay the balance down effectively and not go over 30% of your card's limit (stay within your means each month unless it is an absolute emergency)