Question

tangerine2007

I have very little credit (only 20 y.o.) I am looking for advice on how to build credit!

Most Helpful Response

Pay on time.

I'm glad you asked the question since it shows careful thought.  I don't recommend getting a credit card right away but do make sure you pay rent and utilities on time.  Don't be late, since that can show on your credit rating.  If you do get a credit card, use no more than 20% of the available credit and pay it off monthly.  Try not to keep a balance owing. 

Prompt and complete payments are what helps build credit.  It shows you to be trustworthy when borrowing someone else's money, which is basically what credit is.

Hope you have an excellent future.