Question

mattd863

I have two dirogotory marks on my credit that should not be there, How do I remove them?
My Mother, her husband, and I stayed at an apartment complex. The landlord was a mean women who for no lawful reason placed falsified, undeserved, derogatory remarks on my credit. For a reason unbeknownst to myself or my family, That woman had it out for us. I seek advice on what I need to do to get these slanderous marks taken off of my Credit report. If you could tell me what you would do legally if you were in my situation I am all ears as well.

Most Helpful Response

Dispute!

You can dispute any item that is NOT yours in your credit report. It seems to me that you don't want to talk to your landlord to have this resolved, so my suggestion is to dispute directly with the credit bureau(s). You can call them, but don't forget to note down name, ID, department, position of whoever you talk to as a record of your conversation. If possible, ask for your reference number. Good luck!