Question

imthedan

I have two delinquent credit cards that aren't showing up on my credit report
I have two delinquent credit cards that I was getting ready to pay off (they went delinquent in the past ~6 months or so). Any reason why they wouldn't show up? Could it actually hurt my score if I pay them off, and then show up as paid?

If they are not on

your credit report, then they may be reporting on the wrong person. 

If you had the 2 cards they should be on your credit report. Good, bad or indifferent all your credit accounts should be on your report.  It would not hurt your score if you pay them off, although you say they are not reporting now, so by adding them back onto your report you will probably see a decline in your score. 

Contact the credit card companies and ask them to verify the accounts with you, Even if they are delinquent they will have the info that they are reporting to the credit Bureaus.  I have never heard of someone having a delinquent account that wasn't being reported somewhere. They could be reporting to someone elses account that has a simular name or even a close social security number.  Often this is a typo or human error type of situation. 

I had to deal with something simular to this when my mother died. My sister had a very simular name, Same first initial and same middle and last names, living at the same address.   When we notified the creditors of my moms passing, my sisters credit cards were getting closed.  Turned out that their info had been mashed together for years.  Both had good credit so it never became an issue until then. 

imthedan

I have another credit card that is reporting to my report. This one is still active and in good standing.

What are the chances that the two deliquent cards aren't showing up, but the active one is? Also, CK only shows two of the three reports... could it just be on the other one?

It raises another important question. I am trying to fix my credit so I can make the minimum to get the down payment assist for buying a house. Probably a **** move, but if it is being reported incorrectly, should I just maybe... you know, forget about it for now until I get the down payment assist, then worry about fixing it later? lol