Question

Txpoboy72

I have two delinqient student loan accounts, but they are showing up as 4 accounts?
I have 2 delinquent student loan accounts, but they are reporting on my credit as 2 past due and 2 in collections?? How can they show in both where it looks as if I have 4 total delinquent instead of 2?? Somebody please explain this to me.....

That is the way it works. If you don't pay an account and it goes to collections you are double dinged for the one account. You get a negative account for the original account and then you get another negative account for the collection account for the original account. If these are federal loans you should figure out a way to get them paid as they do not typically fall off over time as other negative accounts do.