Question

DianaCat

I have too many accounts - but most are closed how do I erase them?
I only have 4 credit cards but 7 more closed accounts - why do they count closed/paid off accounts as a negative on my score? What can i do?

Have you taken the time to read the articles here so you could learn how credit works?  Since only you can see your credit information here, only you can determione what is causing the negatives.  Closed accounts will hurt your score because they remove whatever the credit limit that may have been on each one from the total and, since one of the factors in your credit score is how much credit you have available, your score will dtrop when accounts are closed.  Read and learn so that you can enjoy the benefits that come with a clear understanding of how credit works as I have. And the only way you can have too many accounts is if you overdo it on charging and don't get them paid.