Question

Biker225243

I have the same debt from 2 different parties. One with interest and one w/o. Do I have to pay both?
Please help. How do I go about clearing these debts from my credit score? Should I get a loan? Or how can I make the debt collectors meet me to make minimum monthly payments?

Most likely one of the accounts listed is the original account and the other is a collection account for the original account. NO, you do not have to pay them both. You can contact the original account holder and ask if they are still willing to take payment on the account, but they will most likely tell you that they cannot because the collection company now owns the debt. If the debt has been sold to a collection company outright, you may consider disputing the balance shown on the original account and see about getting it marked as zero since you now owe the collection company rather than the original account company.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do a lot of reading on how to handle old debt before you proceed as there is a lot to know. Do some reading on PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS and understand that simply paying old debt does NOT remove it from your credit reports, only time will remove things, unless you get a pay-for-delete agreement. Making payments to collection companies is usually not the best idea, it is usually better to pay off old debt in one lump sum if possible. Also do some reading on the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS to be sued for debt in your state, as you may be legally off the hook regarding the debt.