I have the "Co-signer" Blues.
8 Years ago, I made the huge mistake of co-signing for a morgatge for my son. He has consistently and constantly paid the loan late sometimes by more than 30 days but he still makes the payments eventually.
I'm retired now and his constant late payments have literally destroyed my credit in spite of the fact I pay all my other debts on time, every time!
I need to get out from under this but our relationship has deteriorated to the point where we are not speaking to each other. Any ideas? Would a lawyer help?