Question

Chrystal505

I have SUPER POOR credit and have NEVER had a credit card. Please HELP! How do I fix this?
I started with a score of 590, which for never having credit was not SOOO bad, but now I have a delinquency in another account and only because I lost my job and have been out of work. As soon as I am able I will pay it but how do I begin to try and repair the damage?

You need to take a two step approach.  First, never ever get 30 days behind on a bill from now on.  Never ever.  This really hurts your credit score, the more recent it is, the worse it is.  If you don't have one already, make yourself a budget so you can tackle your debt.  I recommend visiting www.budgeting.about.com (you don't have to sign up).  Second, you need to establish good credit.  As soon as it is financially feasible, get yourself a secured credit card (visit www.creditcards.org to compare all available).  Use the cc once a month for something you would normally pay cash for, i.e. tank of gas, bag of groceries.  Pay off the balance each month.  Another good website for everything credit related is www.credit.about.com.  Best of luck!