Question

LostConfused

I have stutent loans marked as closed. Will they take my tax refund if they are supposedly closed?
If I repay, will I just be paying the collector and not the original debt?

There is the possibility your tax return could be taken to pay on your student loan if they have become delinquent.  And, with student loans, the collection agency is just another government agency, so the money does get to the original lender.  The majority of student loans are government subsidized, which means the government is guaranteeing repayment.  And, as is covered in the articles on this site, "closed" just means that you can't borrow any more from those accounts.