Question

ndidi67

I have stopped using my store cards and paid off most of the debt, why is it hurting my credit???
I have had several store cards including one from a furniture store. I have paid off most of them and only have a couple left (Gap & VS). Since I have stopped using the cards and paying them off they have been lowering my credit limit. VS lowered the limit to my balance. They may have even brought it to 0. These actions are hurting my credit. I want to get rid of the store cards, use generic credit cards, and improve my credit. What is happening and why are they doing that?!?!?

Most Helpful Response

Because you aren't using the card in order to have credit you need to use credit responsibily......for a good generic CC i'd suggest https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/credit-card/single/id/CCCapitalOne581  you get 1.5% cashback on every purchase no limit on the amount of cashback as long as you spend $2600 per year the $39 annual fee is paid for by its self from the cashback best of luck and get rid of the store cards your not using NOW there hurting your score just sitting there idle