Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

klind8670

I have someone trying to collect from me I don't owe, how can I stop this from showing up on my cred

How are they trying?

Are they sending letters, or how?  If letters, you can send them a cease and desist letter telling them that you are not the person who created this debt and  to please stop callling you about it.  If it is by letter, send them a letter advising the same and that they must cease and desist immediately.  If they do not, then you can contact your state's Attorney General's office and speak to someone in the consumers affairs office.  

Should something not yours show up on your credit report (which you should be checking every year) you have the right to file a dispute and it should be deleted within 60 days.