Question

SandyBandy14

I have some UnUsed Cards
I have two Credit cards that I havent used in a while. One is Zales (4YO) and David Bridal(1 YO). They show up on my account with no activity. Can I close them or use them? I also Have two others that I don"t use but they haven't shown up inactive.

Most Helpful Response

Go to the Credit Karma home page. In the left hand margin select "Credit Reports." When it comes up, scroll down to "Accounts." Click on "Credit Cards." Find the account in question, and look to your right, next to the balance. If it says "Open - Current" then yes, you can use it or close it. 
The other two you don't use... do you mean they're not on your report at all, or do you mean they're still open even though you don't use them? Creditors take anywhere from six months to two years to close an account that has had no activity.