Question

godiva50

I have several hosp. bills go in to collections,once pd how long till they are off my credit report?
While off work for 2 years without pay waiting on disability, i had 7 hospital bills go in to collections. Once paid, how long before they come off of my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

6-7 years depending on which state

Your "Credit history" is just that.  So they will stay on your report 6 to 7 years form the last contact.  Creditors generally look at your last 24 months of history when determining worthieness for new credit so I would suggest that once you get things cleared up you wait at east 2 years before appling for any new credit.