Question

dalebtarga

i have several closed accounts on my credit report over 7 years old how can i have them removed

Most Helpful Response

Are they listed as derogatory accounts or positive accounts? If they are positive closed accounts they will remain for at least 10 years or maybe forever. Never try to remove closed accounts that were positive as it will hurt your age of credit history and hurt your credit score. If they are derogatory accounts, what kind of derogatories are they? Charge-offs and missed payments that are older than 7 years can be removed by pulling a report directly from the credit bureau and then use your report number to file a dispute, stating that they are too old to be listed. You may also be able to call the credit bureaus directly and give them your social security number and ask over the phone to have the negative data that is outdated removed. If it is negative information be sure to look at all 3 reports to see if they all contain that information. Experian, Transunion and Equifax.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REMEMBER: IF THEY ARE POSITIVE/PAID AS AGREED ACCOUNTS WITH NO DEROGATORY INFORMATION  DO NOT GET THEM REMOVED!!!

pinktess

OK, so I don't, I am still listed as "having too many accounts". So what is my option?

old credit cards

What do I tell the credit bureau  agencies, that I have old derogotory accounts , over 10 years are still showing on my report?