Question

ChiefJack50

I have report of a non-existant card on my report. How do I handle that?
A Chevron Card was "issued " in 2012, according to my credit report. It was actually a Texaco card issued in 2014. The card was lost in 2015, and Texaco has yet to issue a replacement card.

Well the year might have been reported incorrectly but the card is probably right. Texaco is a subsidiary of Chevron Corp. and the account is probably under the parent company’s name. If they’re reporting that you opened the card earlier than you actually did I wouldn’t dispute it. It’s probably adding to your average account age and contributing to your total account number… both good things.

You need to decide if you want to keep the card or cancel it. Personally, I wouldn’t cancel it as there is no annual fee for the card. It’s not costing you anything and may be helping your score.