Question

lsylvest

I have questions about my credit score, see additional details below.
My question is the same. I filed bankruptcy in 2004 (9 years ago) because of breast cancer, it is still on my credit. I had a judgement against me, it is now paid off. And I refinanced my home to be put on lower interest and lower payment, they told me that after 4 pmts were made not late, that would come off my credit report. I need to know why none of these are removed?

Most Helpful Response

Unfortunately, a bankruptcy remains on the credit record for 10 years, so you still have a year to go on that.  It's good the judgement is paid off because it should drop from your credit in 7 years from the date of payment.  If it hadn't been paid, it could still crop up to bite you in the future.

I hope the agreement on the house repayment is in writing and that you have a copy, because it would be your "Ace in the Hole."

But, I do suggest first that you go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully.  File a dispute on each erroneous entry with the credit bureau making that report.  This is where that written copy would come in handy.  If the loan arrangement is reported and hasn't been removed as promised, a copy of that written statement should be sent with the dispute to the credit bureau reporting it.  YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL!!!

For any agreements, get it in writing so you have the evidence you could need.

Hope this helps.