Question

jtrixie

I have poor credit so why am I suddenly getting so many credit offers in the mail?
I'm here to (hopefully) find out why I am getting so many "pre-approved" credit offers in the mail. I have had poor credit for about 4 years but suddenly (for the past month or 2) I am getting a lot of credit offers (at least 1 or 2 per business day). I was concerned that maybe someone fraudulently applied for credit in my name, as sometimes an inquiry can trigger more credit offers, but CK shows no inquiries at all. So why am I getting offers now and so frequently? My credit score is 582. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Unsure as to why you'ive been getting all this credit except for thinking that since some of your bad accounts are 4 years old, they are impacting your score less and less which makes creditation more attractive.

However, I am a CK 587 (thanks to a medical collections that I do not own and am currently fighting), and I was approved for a Capital One Platinum card with $300, so it may be worth applying for it and using it responsibly. I mean even if it's not a definite approval, it's at least worth trying. Or you could go the secured card route too.

Use it to pay your cell phone bill and then pay your credit card bill instead. It will help your credit score a lot.

Did you move back in with another family member?  I started getting lots of offers when I had my mail sent to my parent's home for 6 months. 

The offers just show up, it is crazy!

I only have 6 months of credit history with a secured card paid in full each month. Right when I hit 6 months the offers started coming in the mail. It was unbelievable. One bank sent me 5 letters in 3 weeks.

Some computer is probably running day and night with an algorhythm and found you and now won't relent! I hope you get a good deal.