Question

bedellm44

I have poor credit scores, so how can I begin to fix this
I don't understand exactly how to fix it can you give me the exact instructions on how this is done.

Most Helpful Response

I would start by pulling credit reports

You cannot fix what you don't know is there. I was in the same situation before when I had a lower score and didn't know why. I pulled my credit report and found the negative items on my report and one by one began disputing them. Some came off and others did not. The one's that did not I went on to contact that collections agency and make a deal to pay for the account if they would delete it. I negotiated a lower price as well. I then requested an official letter with their company's letterhead listing the terms and agreeing to delete for pay before I actually paid. This worked all the time and I went from 10 negative items on my report to only four now and I am disputing three and will work on the other one shortly. I found that getting the Capital One secured card has helped me build another credit account and helps with history as the account gets older so I would recommend a secured credit card. So first pull the report, then dispute whatever isn't yours or you think can fall off. Don't dispute items that are coming off within the year, just wait for the time to expire and then dispute them as being too old and they will go away. Hope this helps, and any questions I would be glad to give some more insight as well...