Question

kristy371

I have poor credit and I need a home loan, How can I fix it?
I have a 575, no credit cards, but student loans in good standing. I only owe about $2000 but I don't have it currently to pay off my debt. My baby is not a baby anymore so I need a house and I can't get a house unless I can get a loan, and of course I can't get a loan with a bad credit score. I also have not had any car payments because I have bought every car I have owned out-right. I have also never had a house or any loans of that sort. Every time I have applied for a credit card on Credit Karma I get denied. How else can I fix my credit? Someone please help!!

Most Helpful Response

I would talk to a mortgage broker or a housing lender. There may be programs that help people with low credit scores buy a home. I know of homeowners who had a score in the low 600s and still bought a house. 

Do you know why your score is so low? Have you gotten a copy of your credit report? You're entitled to one free copy a year at annualcreditreport.com. Look it over and see if there are things there that aren't supposed to be. 

There is no quick fix.

Educate yourself. Spend some time on the. Blogs and forums, here on CK and others, and learn what it takes to have a good score and how to get there.