Question

Siddakid266

I have payed a debt sent to collections but in my report it says the account is open

If you have paid a collection account and it still shows as open with a balance, then you would want to dispute that with the credit bureaus because it would be inaccurate information. The first thing that I would do, is give the payment some time to reflect on your reports, it may take up to a month to update. If it does not, then I would pull your credit reports directly from the credit bureaus to see what exactly they contain and then dispute any incorrect information that you find. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian.