Question

Onemany

I have paid off Walmart but it's still on my record.
I paid it off in full with cash. Walmart is still on my report and it's affecting my score

Most Helpful Response

You apparently were late with some payments and that will show as part of your credit history until the account has passed 7 years from the date of payoff.  Hope you still have the account, too, since closing a credit account reduces the amount of credit available to you, which will lower your credit score.

If this seems confusing to you, please start reading the articles on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about credit so  they'll know what to do to have good credit.