I have paid off my debt and trying to get a cc.
I have paid off all but one account that is in collections (i had 5, 4 are paid off) I ordered my annual credit report, and monitor my score here on credit karma. the 5th collections account will be paid off this year. I shipped out a letter requesting an investigation on the 4 accounts (id rather have a fresh start [not bankruptcy], than time in as these are preventing me from doing anything.) Once they start the investigation, from my understanding the 4 accounts probably wont respond, and if they dont they will be removed from my credit report. at that point, i will only have 1 delinquent account (untill i pay this off) will that raise my credit score or lower it? also--i have a line of credit through ginnys (similar to fingerhut) and I always make my payment on time. and have for almost a year now. so removing those, but having the ginny's account will that help or hurt more?

My overall plan as of now is :

1. Pay off collections accounts
2. Get them off my Credit report
3. Get a credit card
4. use a small amount and pay it off (like put 25 on it and then pay it off once a week)

is this a good plan?