Question

muppetzoo22

I have paid off all of my credit cards, why does my score not reflect the change?
I have paid off my three credit cards that have a balance with a personal loan. Why has CreditKarma not updated to reflect this change?

Most Helpful Response

credit changes

i have paid off all my credit cards several times, and my credit score never improves, can you explain this ?

I will wait and see what happens after another month or two of reporting time. When I did a demo of the change with the credit calculator tools, it showed that my credit would improve by about 40-50 pts because while the amt of debt was the same, the type of debt would be different. Apparently, personal loans are better for your score than credit debt. I appreciate your input!! Thanks!