Question

aaronmccomsey

i have overall great grades/scores but my length of history is short, how can I raise my score?
I want to get a new better credit card but that will require a hard inquiry and add a new card, lowering my score. and i canceled a high interest card and it went down. i dont get it. how can reducing interest rates and having less cards to pay be a bad thing? is there a way to boost my score, the short length of credit history is hurting me.

you closed a credit card which LOWERED your age of accounts......time and keeping old accounts open is only way to RAISE account history