Question

britpenelope

I have open and closed accounts that have zero balance. How do I get these removed??
I am looking to pay off all my debt. I have several accounts both open and closed that state there is a zero balance. Can I do anything about these or do I just have to wait for a certain amount of time before they drop off on their own??

Your accounts are part of your credit history that potential creditors look at when considerinig whether or not to grant you credit.  You want good payment records to remain on your report for ten years or longer.  Bad reports will remain for 7 years from date of final payment, then drop off.