Question

jeplum

I have only recently became interested in my credit score.I have many questions.
I was denied a car loan at my credit union about 8 months ago (my credit score was like 680) since then I have been diligent about not having any late payments I just checked all 3 scores at Scoresense and my combined score has dropped to 664.I'm confused and really need to improve my score. I don't know what to do to improve this. My credit history according to credit karma is 4 years 10 months but I have lived on my own or been married with credit for 30 years. would this affect my scores? If so, who do I contact to have this corrected ?I don't have any derogatory remarks. I mistakenly paid off and closed 3 accounts they had a total of 11 late payments but that was more than 2 years ago. Is there anything I can do to have those not have a negative affect? My husband and I got behind in our mortgage in 2010 and have since been able to do a re-fi but the previous mortgage shows up as closed with a lot of late payments. Does anybody have any suggestions or is it more than I can fix myself should I contact Lexington Law for the free consultation and then are they expensive to use ?? Thanks in advance for any help

Most Helpful Response

time is the only thing that fix the mess you put yourself in it will take 7 years for those late/missed payments to drop off....till then save up cash and buy a used car can get them for around 12k in decent condition....afterall a car is only made to get from point A to point B....not a i need a BMW or AUDI or LEXUS to ge there a CHEV or FORD will do the same and much easier on the wallet....and FYI you need a 765 to get approved for a car loan without a cosigner