Question

Sveaston

I have old bad debt that has been written off how do I get it removed from my credit report?
Some of them are from the 1990's and early 2000's, they haven't been reported on since 2010.

Plan B

XXXXXXX my realtor referred me to Plan B they worked with the bureaus and them remove the collections in 28 days 714-508-7306 planbcrs.com

It takes time

My understanding of "written off" is that the unpaid creditors have decided not to pursue getting paid back. This is unusual, really, as far as I'm aware. Most creditors would generally hand things over to a collections agency at some point. If you mean "written off" in a different sense, then by all means clarify.

Bad debt though is still bad debt. Unless the bad debt is being reported in error, nothing you can do will ever "remove" those items in your credit report. The only thing you can do is to pay everything off so that you're current, stay that way, and then wait for those items to expire and "fall off" of your report. That's the closest you're going to get for a "removal."

If you're paid up and current on all of your accounts, you should see those negative items fall off in seven years. You mentioned 2010 .. so according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), you shouldn't expect to see those negative items go away until 2017. And if you've filed for bankrupcy, then it would take no less than 10 years for your credit to recover fully. 

Credit is all about showing you can borrow responsibly in the long term, and that's why it takes so long. You need to prove to creditors that you are dependable. Anyone can pay their bills consistently for a month or two — good borrowers do so for years and years, and that's what creditors want to see.