Question

arunkott

I have no SSN but have a credit card, will I have credit score now ?
I am on H4 visa and not eligible for a SSN.
I have a secured credit card , bank account and insurance.
will I have a credit record now ? if yes how can i check my credit score? all sites are asking for ssn to check the credit score.

If the credit card is not helping me to build a credit history, I will cancel it and get an add on card on my spouse's credit card.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, you should have credit

A SSN is not necessary to have credit. If you were issued a credit card, it will be building your own credit history.

My wife is European, and has no SSN, and had no credit until I added her as an authorized user to my credit card accounts. She now has credit, and we can pay to obtain her credit score (but we have not found a free way yet).

Consider, in time, applying for a credit card which provides a free FICO.

check my credit score without SSN

Hi! I'm an international student who has been living in US for almost two years, I have a credit credi since almost I arrived here, I would like to check my credit score but I don't have a SSN. Does anyone know how can I do it without this information? Thanks!