Question

Carolorene

I have NO debt, NO loans, nothing...then why is my credit so low?
I have no debt, no student loans and no house mortgage. I've owned one credit card my entire life for a clothing store. I made a purchase of $60 and paid off the credit card in store, then closed the account. I was never late on a payment of any kind in my lifetime! Why is my credit score so low then (670)?

Also, I inquired about my credit score and it dropped it 33 points? Why?

Most Helpful Response

You have no credit history

Basically you have no credit history because you do not have any credit cards, or loans.  In order to get a better score you need to actually show that you are responsible and to do that you need to get a credit card or loan to make payments on.  Check out this article:

http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/raise-your-credit-score-to-740-weston.aspx

Hope this helps!

Wil

Debt

I think you just answered your own question... By that I mean you have no loans, credit cards ect.