Question

Creditcardneeded

I have no credit yet, I run a successful media company but can not get a credit card at all. Ideas?
I am 18 years old and run a media based company that works with Google. I am attempting to apply for a credit card so I can build my credit early. Now I tried to apply and I get denied every time. My company makes good money, but since we get paid based on the performance of our clients the money is hard to predict for a salary. Any ideas on how I can get a credit card?

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Try a secured card first.

Since you are new at the "credit game" and have no history yet, it's going to be very difficult to get a "regular" credit card until you have that history.  So, start with the "baby step" of getting a secured credit card.  You'll have to deposit some money in the issuing bank and that will usually be your credit limit.  It's not going to be a high credit limit and the interest rate is going to be high, but that doesn't have to be a problem.  You'll use the card for relatively small purchases during the month and pay off the balance due when the statement arrives.  Only pay the "Total Due" amount on the statement so that the transactions will show as "usage" on your credit score.  After several months of usage and prompt payments, the card may be converted to a "regular" credit card with a higher credit limit.  It may have a lower interest rate but, since we don't want to pay interest unless we really have to.

Now, I suggest keeping track of how much you get paid every month and keep those records secure.  This will give you calculations for annual income for when you do have to make those entries in any credit applications.

Hope this helps.