Question

avalonwolfe95

I have no credit yet and I already have three hard inquiries, is this bad?
I'm 19 and I'm trying to establish my credit history with a credit card. Before getting approved for a Discover student card I applied for a Capital One card and a PayPal credit line, both of which were denied. I therefore have three hard inquiries in my report and no score. Is this bad? Have I basically ruined my life?

I'm asking this because I'm going to try and apply for a Visa credit card too, since Discover is pretty limited.

Is this bad for my future? Any advice? Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Having three inquires in 24 months isnt detrimental to your credit history, however, you probably shouldn't be applying for more credit of any kind for few months to let your credit history grow a bit with your Discover card.