Question

wantownhome

I have no credit showing due to being disabled on ss disability now for life.
How can I get credit for a small home loan

Most Helpful Response

Start reading everything that you can about how to build credit. You will find that you need to start by getting a Secured credit card. You need to work on building credit before trying to get a home loan. There is a lot of info on this site and across the net on how to build credit, the time reading is time well spent.

Building your credit

I would suggest that you begin with the Discover it Secured card which has a low minimum deposit of $200.00.  If you use the card wisely, and pay off any balance you have monthly, you will surely build your credit.  When I applied for this card I did not have any credit, after using this card for six months I now have obtained a few other unsecured credit cards, I have increased my credit score and I am certain that within the next year I will be capable of obtaining my own home.   Best wishes for you!!