Question

joiedejour

I have no credit, i've never had a credit card or any type of loans. I don't get approved anywhere
It's really frustrating because I tried every single credit app! From Macy's to Capital One to Victoria Secret to Chase. Any bank and retail store you name it I've tried it. I have no prior credit cards and i'm reported as 'Thin File'. Please give me some advice on what to do i'm only 20 years old and need to start building credit.

Try your local bank or credit union (preferably the one you do business with) for a secured credit card. Secured cards are perfect for those who are building or just starting off with credit. With a secured credit card, you'll need to put down a security deposit to set your credit limit (how much is determined by their terms of service).

jwsister

I agree with the "secured card" advice since I had to re-build after my bankruptcy and that was the way to go.  Keep your usage below 20% and pay in full every month and your credit file will begin to fatten up rather quickly.