Question

Josiaharp

I have NO credit?
I've never taken any loans or anything that would build my credit. When I applied for a credit card at my bank they informed me that I had no credit. Is this possible?

Oh, yes.

You will have to start building credit in order to get more credit.  First step is a secured credit card.  From there, you will be able to begin building a positive credit record.  It is not done overnight, believe me!!! It takes time, careful usage of any credit you have obtained, and thoughtful action in building one's credit.  Also, check your credit reports annually just to make sure all information presented is correct.  And DO NOT be carrying your Social Security card in your wallet.  Keep it locked up safely because you need it very few times in your life, but that number is a gold mine to an ID thief!!

Been there done that

I was in your position 15 years ago, i had alwasy been one of those guys that paid cash for everything..easier to do back then.

Got married and wife wanted to see about buying a house, she suggested i apply for a car loan..because i did need a car.

WEnt to a  few dealers found a car i liked for a reasonable price..finance officer came back and said i was a "ghost"..30 years old and no credit.

He got me ona first time buyer programme..it was high interest for a car loan but it rocketed my credit score after 6 months.. Then i got a great Credit card etc..

Refinanced after a year to a much lowe rate.

Not sure if they do first time buyer programs anymore?