Question

seniorcitizen41

I have multiple credit cards with zero balances. Will it increase my credit score if I close them?

NO!!!! IT WILL HURT YOU!!!

I strongly suggest you take the time to read the articles on this site (look on the left side of the page under Resources) so you can learn more about how credit works and how to build and maintain a good credit score.

In brief, your credit score grows the more available credit you have at your "disposal."  If you were to close out those credit cards with a zero balance it would be the same as throwing away how ever many dollars there were on your credit limit and drop your score, which will hurt you.  Use the credit cards occasionally and pay the balance due in full when the bill comes.  I've learned a lot from those articles.