Question

Deepeyes76

I have multiple accounts at the same bank but not all show or update...
I have 5 accounts at one credit union (savings, IRA, checking, over draft loan and credit card). The first three (savings, IRA and checking) show up and update regularly but the over draft loan and credit card are on my report but will not update until months later if at all. It will not let me merge the accounts as it states on the bottom to drag and drop into the area. I also have another credit union that does the same thing with another credit card. How do I get these to update on a regular basis so I can keep an I on my credit report/score?

Most Helpful Response

Not all creditors report at the same.

Not all creditors report all accounts or every month.  Since it costs the creditors to report some only report to 1 or 2 of the CRA's and not always every month.  I have one account that only reports quarterly.  Especially if they are reporting to one of the other CRA's (CK uses Transunions Info) Cross reporting between the CRA's is not as rapid as we would like in our world of instant gratification, often taking 60 to 90 days to report.  Unfortuanately it is part of that slow moving behemouth we call credit reporting.